Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Naming my blog

There are three steps in signing up for a blog on this site.  The second one -- naming your blog -- is a real challenge.  I overlooked the fact that I would have to name it, and when I was forced to do so I had a flashback.  It was about three years ago and I was sitting sitting in a garage about to draft my first fantasy football team.  Everyone else in the league had played the previous year(s) and already had a polished name.  What I came up with I would rather not mention, it was so stupid.  a couple of years later, I now have, in my opinion, the best team name in the league.

But naming this blog might have been worse than naming my first fantasy football team, except for the fact that I wasn't surrounded by eleven men loaded with beer and waiting for me to come up with something witty.  After looking at different sites that claim to be the guide to a perfect blog name, I ended up partially stealing a name from a list.  That blog is called "The Note," and I sat staring at the wall for ten minutes trying to find something similar.  What I came up with is not half as good, and I'm left wishing I had the power to steal that name.

No comments:

Post a Comment